"All this talk and turmoil and noise and movement and desire is outside of the veil; within the veil is silence and calm and rest."
When Bayazid died, he was over seventy years old. Before he died, someone asked him his age. He said: I am four years old. For seventy years I was veiled. I got rid of my veils only four years ago.”
These sayings are some of Bayazid's famous sayings that caused him to be labeled as an intoxicated Sufi
- "Glory be to me! How great is My majesty!"
- "Thy obedience to me is greater than my obedience to Thee"
- "I am the throne and the footstool"
- "By my life, my grasp is firmer than His"
- "I saw the Kaba walking round me"
- "Moses desired to see God; I do not desire to see God;He desires to see me"
- I never saw any lamp shining more brilliantly than the lamp of silence.
- I went to a wilderness, love had rained and had covered earth, as feet penetrate snow, I found my feet covered with love.
- I stood with the pious and I didn’t find any progress with them. I stood with the warriors in the cause and I didn’t find a single step of progress with them. Then I said, ‘O Allah, what is the way to You?’ and Allah said, ‘Leave yourself and come.’
- "I am I; there is no God but I; so worship me!"